I have been reading your posts in my blog, and see that you would like more art projects. So I decided to send you this one. It is one of my favorites. I call it a Place in Nature. I encourage you to use music with this exercise. Most of the time when I do are I like to incorporate music and sometimes movement to get the energy moving, especially if I am feeling stuck.
This exercise will encourage you to take a few minutes to rest, breath and relax ~~ and create.
Gather your materials first:
* Music to help you relax
* Ready a comfortable place to lay down and go to your peaceful place in nature
* Get your art materials together. This could include any or all of the following: paper, collage cuttings, markers, paint, pastels (oil and or chalk), glue, glitter, feathers, beads, ribbon and anything else you choose.
* Turn on your relaxing music
* Lay down in a comfortable place
* Begin to center yourself, and calm your breathing, focus on your breath flowing in and out of your lungs
* Imagine you go to a place in nature that is beautiful to you, and induces a feeling of peace and joy
* Look around at the sights, notice the smells, envision yourself lounging, walking, swimming... whatever is relaxing to you.
* Stay in this place for as long as you choose. Then return slowly.
* Immediately upon your return from you inner sanctuary, go to your art supplies and create something that will anchor this experience in your mind.
* Hang this somewhere you can look at it. Every time you look at your art, it will be a reminder of this peaceful space you have created within yourself.