The Expressive Arts Experience - Yvette Lyons, Ph.D., Expressive Arts Therapist
RSS

Recent Posts

15 Vision Board Questions for 2019
WHERE CAN I USE MY EXPRESSIVE ARTS TRAINING?
Dance Movement Therapy and Artistic Expression For Healing
OPENING TO YOUR CREATIVE FLOW
WHAT IS ALL THE BUZZ ABOUT INTUITIVE ART?

Categories

Art Projects
Articles of Interest
Courses being offered
Educational
News Alerts
Seminars and Workshops
powered by

My Blog

15 Vision Board Questions for 2019

15  Vision Board Questions for 2019

Each year a few friends and I gather on New Year Eve to create our vision boards for the coming year. It is remarkable as I review each Dec. 31,  the previous year’s board how many things I actually accomplished during that year, and how many intentions have come to fruition.    This year I decided to put together a few questions that you can ponder while creating a vision board of your own:

• 1.    What do I want to experience this year?
  • 2.    What do I want to accomplish this year
  • (job, travel, a relationship,       personal growth).
  • 3.    How do I want to develop myself (learn something new, try   something you’ve always wanted to try).
  • 4.    Who do I want to spend my time with this year?
  • 5.    Who and what would I like to attract into my life?
  • 6.    How will I go about achieving my goals?
  • 7.    What do I want more of in my life?
  • 8.    How will I develop a positive lifestyle? (Physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually)
  • 9.    What new adventures would I like to go on?
  • 10.  What new thing would I like to learn this year?
  • 11.  How would like to express my creativity this year?
  • 12.  In what way will I surprise myself this year?
  • 13.  Be open to possibilities.
  • 14.  Ask yourself, what do I love?  What do I like?  Those seem like simple questions, but there are many who really do not know the answer to these questions.
  • 15.  What is important to me?  (Love, Fun, Joy, Health, Abundance?)

Making a vision board at the beginning of the year helps us to put into motion intentions for the coming months.  This is the first step in making our goals a reality. You are now giving your brain suggestions for what you want.  Our consciousness speaks the language of image.  So by choosing images to put on our vision board, we are allowing the deepest parts of our consciousness to speak to us as we reflect on what is immersing in a seemingly effortless way.  As you create your vision board, you are being witness to an inner process of desire and intention to become the best and to experience the best life has to offer.

The next step is to be open. You now have the task of remaining open to receive.  YOU DESERVE IT!  No matter what it is.  Don’t allow fears to creep into your consciousness.  You have made your intention, and now you are ready to receive. If fears or doubts enter your mind, you simply need to release them.  Don’t get caught up in feeding them any of your mental or emotional energy.

This is the time to practice faith and trust in the process. Watch for signs.  Seemingly unrelated coincidences come together.  C.G. Jung calls this “synchronicity”, some call this “messages from the Universe (or God), and other’s call it a Cosmic Connection.

Trust your intuition. Trust that whatever you are choosing to put on your vision board is the very thing that your deepest desire wants. Don’t over think it!  Don’t doubt it!  Just go with the process.  It is alright to willingly choose images and words, and it is also good to just allow some words and images to jump out at your seemingly on their own.  Take them all.  Take what words and images catch your eye and go with it. Don’t over think. Your intuition will guide you, but first you must trust yourself enough to let go of having to control or rationalize everything. Allow you heart to lead you.

Lastly, it may not all happen within one year, so KEEP your boards.  Each vision board is a piece of the puzzle of you.  Allow yourself to unfold and emerge in ‘RIGHT TIMING’.   Even if something on your vision board does not manifest within that year,  know that you have set in motion your intention for what you are ready to receive and then trust.

How To Create A Vision. Board

Materials:
Poster Board:  I like to work on 18x24.  Some people prefer half that size. You can always cut the larger poster board in half if you choose.
Magazines: Assorted Magazines
Glue:Either glue stick or white glue

Optional Materials: (If you choose additional art materials, but not necessary)
Paint:  Optional, but if you would like to add some paint I like acrylic assorted colors
Brushes: Small assortment not too large
Stickers:Assorted to your desire
Beads & Yarn or Ribbon

The Process:

• 1.    Place your materials out on a work surface
  • 2.    Go through the magazines cutting out what images and words that grab you.
  • 3.    Assemble the images to your board
  • 4.    Glue them to your board in an order that FEELS right for you
  • 5.    Adorn with other art materials (Optional if you choose)
  • 6.    Lastly, I like to write a brief notation about my process just to anchor it in my consciousness and bring the whole process into my executive thinking and planning mind.

Additionally, I like to place my vision board where I can see it for at least two weeks after creating it. Sometimes I will leave it up longer where the images and words can continue to reflect themselves back to me.

2013 Vision Board

2014 Vision Board

2015 Vision Board

2016 Vision Board

2017 Vision Board

2018 To Be Created!

Happy Creating!

16 Comments to 15 Vision Board Questions for 2019:

Comments RSS
https://www.altoconvertpdftoexcel.com/faq on Monday, December 17, 2018 7:18 AM
Altoconvertpdftoexcel.com provides sharp and clear answers for everything related to PDF to Excel conversion.

ukbestessays on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:15 PM
Vision boards are some of the most powerful things we can have. It is powerful, in the sense, that it can increase our motivation. I have recently learned about the vision board through a seminar. The seminar was about achieving your dreams. In the seminar, the speaker placed great emphasize on using the vision board. He said that having a clear vision, in a literal manner, of what you want to achieve, can help you be motivated, especially when working.

d on Friday, December 21, 2018 12:49 AM
d

gaming laptop on Sunday, December 23, 2018 2:24 PM
Working online can help you, check this amazing network that can help you, I'm impressed by your articles, go and grab this offer right now.

custom writing on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 3:19 PM
I hope I will see your vision board for this year too! Good luck with that.

buycustompapers on Monday, January 14, 2019 4:51 AM
Search results will work even more aggressively if you are paying too much attention here, these questions are highly ranked on a website and people pay more attention over here.

Jone Smith on Friday, January 25, 2019 11:25 PM
I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog which you have written a creating vision board question. You have designed a really attractive website site and also the picture of your website is a catchy for us. Its a owner able for us we are ask a question for making a creative ideas who is looking in the new year. Mostly people getting a new ideas and vision moved into another country and for this he need a travel service. So, for those people i would suggest f=or comfortable journey you can adopt this Thai airways service.

affordable seo expert on Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:43 PM
Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
Reply to comment

Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog.

Jason Bravo on Friday, February 01, 2019 3:16 AM
I am glad to read about ay baba g here.

Webdesigner on Friday, February 01, 2019 4:10 AM
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more.

h on Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:05 AM
h

сollege paper writing service reviews on Friday, February 08, 2019 3:07 AM
Wow! It really amazes me this blog, creativity is a blast. I learn many things like it is possible to use the love of art in creating a mission board. Every year we have set different goals that we want to achieve for the coming year in our life. We set aside all the negativity and embrace the new beginning. We want to see all the possible positive experience and create something good for others. A new version of our self which more aware of the happenings around the surrounding is a great way to start life.

Prepaidgiftba on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:23 PM
I use MasterCard for shopping, and I often visit Prepaidgiftbalance.site to check out my prepaid balance.

Arizona First Time Home Buyer Grants on Monday, February 18, 2019 10:36 AM
Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. Arizona First Time Home Buyer Grants

Lucky Patcher Apk on Monday, February 18, 2019 7:37 PM